February 04, 2016
Are you considering a renovation or building a new home? If so, I’m sure you are wondering how to design the best floor plan for modern living. Or at least I hope you are!
In order to know how to design the best floor plan for modern living, here are FIVE Key Elements to consider:
1.) The first thing to do is start your own “must have” list. This list should be a big picture and include:
- How you want the house to “feel or experience”.
- What you want people to see when they first walk in the door.
- How you want to use the house between public and private spaces.
- How you cook in the kitchen and entertain.
2) The big grand two story front foyer is “out”. All that “air” above you is expensive space that you are paying a pretty penny for. Honestly, I think it dates the house to the 90’s.
3) Good design in Modern Living eliminates or creates the smallest hallways possible.
4) Think about resale. Life happens… you might have to sell your dream home some day. If you build something because it is a custom “want not need” – do not expect a return on investment.
5) As you fine-tune the details of the floor plan, make sure your house functions as normal. Designing and building something “quirky” is just weird and a sincere waste of money.
If you want to know how to design the best floor plan for modern living, I’m your girl! One of my favorite things to design is a good floor plans. Bring it on, I love a good challenge!