November 11, 2017
Are you looking for a way to update your home to bring value and modern living? Most of us are!
I have a new client who actually purchased from her family her Grandmother’s home. It’s a wonderful ranch house built in the early 60’s. This means in my terms… it’s practically new! The walls are straight, the existing conditions layout is simple and accurate, the rooflines are straightforward.
Honestly, the update is relatively simple. We are going to:
- Cathedral the space in the common areas: Living Room, Dining Room and Kitchen.
- We will be renovating these spaces with flooring, cabinetry, countertops, lighting and hardware.
- Create a small, functional mudroom out of the already back entry.
- Create a powder room as well as a master bath out of an existing large bath with laundry.
- Create a Master Bedroom from sunroom by creating a closet and bathroom.
All of this is relatively simply from the design aspect. My job is to create drawings for the contractor and homeowner so that we are all on the same page. The majority of the project lies with the contractor and I am available to answer questions during construction.
I will be consulting on the exterior renovations as well. Stay tuned as this project unfolds…. Could be fun!