November 14, 2014
Thanksgiving is my husband’s favorite holiday. Why? Because he loves to cook & eat but he doesn’t have to worry about presents. He’s a simple kind of guy but probably not alone in that thought process. Since he does all the cooking, I get to set the table! It’s my favorite thing to do and I try to make it different every year. This year, I’m keeping it simple, clean and organic.
But what do you need to do to get ready for your guests or become a gracious guest yourself?
1) Clean the house! Use this time as an opportunity to de-clutter and deep clean!
2) Make sure you have enough chairs! Did you know that they don’t all have to match? It can be fun to have a table of mismatched chairs but the same cushion on each chair.
3) Choose a centerpiece that is low enough for people to see over and still talk. If you have a large floral arrangement, you can move it and replace it with delicious dishes but plan to know where you will put it (like the coffee table).
4) Set your table well in advance of your guests arriving to make sure that you have everything that you need. I suggest going on Pinterest for wonderful ideas and inspirations.
5) If you are the guest, bring a wonderful Host / Hostess Gift.